I love to do this during party. While you wait for the meat to get done, you can prepare other food and even finish one dish in no time. You want to know what I mean? Let's go to the kitchen and get started!
2 kilos Beef Chuck, cut into cubes
5 cloves of Garlic, minced
1 Onion, minced
5 Potatoes, cut into cubes
5 Carrots, cut into cubes
1 big can Garbanzos ( Chickpea), drained
300 grams Tomato Paste
5 pcs Bay Leaves
2 Bell Peppers, cut into cubes
2 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
5 tbsp Cooking Oil
Salt and ground Pepper to taste
8 cups of Hot Water
- Clean the meat and cut into cubes. Strain it and set it aside.
- Boil 8 cups of water.
- Prepare the Garlic, Onion, Salt, Pepper and Bay Leaves
- In a big pot, saute Garlic and Onion. Add the Beef, and let it simmer in a low fire for 10 minutes.
- Add Salt, ground Pepper, Soy Sauce and Bay Leaves.
- Let the water subside, set it to medium heat and let the beef turn to light brown and add the hot water. If you want your meat to get tender easily, you must add hot water after you saute it. If you add water at a room temperature, it will take you a little longer to get the beef done.
- Set to Medium heat bring to boil the beef for 2-3 hours. Or until there is almost a cups of water left. Remember, slow cooking and be patient.
- While you are boiling the beef, you can prepare and cut the other ingredients and set it aside.
- If the beef is done, add Garbanzos, Sugar and Tomato Paste. Simmer for a 5 minute.
- Then add Bell Pepper, Potatoes and Carrots. Simmer it for another 5 minutes.
- Its DONE! Ready to serve.